Being well dress does have a profound affect on how you are perceived on the work place and on the way you are considered when opportunities of type arise. So, here are a few starter thoughts regarding workplace dress and appearance.
You are not dressing for a job interview. Your are dressing for success, which means you are dressing to have an advantage in the everyday completion of the workplace.
Packaging does matter; being well dressed can improve your success because:
- You will feel more prepared for the workday
- Being well dressed projects more power and authority
- It can help your appearance/presences by offsetting the losses of youthful physical attributes as you age.
Think of your office suit or outfit as a uniform, and treat as one. Always clean, wrinkle free, and well cared for…etc.
Color matters: your daily dress should project
- And respect for the companies’ dress code and, if visiting a client, the client’s dress code and expectations
Impressions do matter; subliminally, as well as in direct relationship to the respect, consideration, and treatment you receive from others.
- Men’s Accessories – The Pocket Square
- Men’s Accessories – Coordinating Pocket Square Color
- Men’s Accessories – Where to Wear a Pocket Square?
- Men’s Accessories – What is the difference between a handkerchief and a pocket square?
- Road Warrior Tip: Men’s Travel Checklist