I don’t do this very often but recently had to look this up to help out a project. Stopping and restarting a Cognos from a Linux command line is relatively simple, just a couple of commands.
- Log on to the reporting server as Root user or a non-root user with administrative privileges.
- Find the path to install bin directory. I use this find command, but you can do what works for you: find . -name “cogconfig.sh”
- Launch an and navigate to the bin directory as follows: <Cognos_Home>/bin64
- Where <Cognos_Home> is the installation location of the Cognos® application.
- Do the following one or both of the following, according to what you are attempting to do:
- To start the service, enter the following command: ./cogconfig.sh -s
- To stop the service, enter the following command: ./cogconfig.sh -stop