ERROR [HY000] ERROR: Base table/view ‘BLOG_LIST_TBL’ attr ‘BLOG_ID’ has changed (datatype); rebuild view ‘BLOG_LIST_VW’
What does the Error Mean?
This error means that an underlying table used by the view has changed in a way, which made the view invalid, as a result, the view must be rebuilt to reflect the new table definition.
How to Rebuild the view
In ‘Aginity for Netezza’ this process is easy, if you have a user with sufficient permissions. The basic process is:
- Navigate to and select the view to be rebuilt
- Right Click, Select ‘Script’ > ‘DDL to query window’
- Once the ‘Create or Replace View’ SQL has generated, click within the SQl statement (without highlighting)
- Press Ctrl+F5 or navigate to Execute > ‘Execute as a Single batch
- Verify the ‘Create or Replace View’ SQL executes successfully
- Then, run a simple select against the view and that Select runs without producing the HYOOO Base Table/View Error