What is BYOD?
Basically, BYOD (bring your own device) is an information technology trend toward employee-owned devices within a business, in which consumer software and hardware are being integrated into the enterprise workplace.
Benefits of BYOD
The benefits of BYOD depend upon the point of view, here is a quick list
- Supports integrated remote work and remote workforce augmentation with requiring the acquisition of hardware and software
- Reduced software learning curve for employees
- Increased availability of work force and access to network.
Drawbacks of BYOD
- Increased Support requirements
- Increase Security and data exposure risk
- Less consistent hardware and Software environment