What is a Composite Primary Key?
A Composite Primary key is Primary key What a primary key, which is defined by having multiple fields (columns) in it. Like a Primary Key what a composite Primary Key is depends on the database. Essentially a Composite Primary Key:
- Is a combination of Fields (columns) which uniquely identifies every row.
- Is an index in database systems which use indexes for optimization
- Is a type of table constraint
- Is applied with a data definition language (DDL) alter command
- And may define parent-Child relationship between tables