While investigating a recent Infosphere Information Server (IIS), Datastage, Essbase Connect error I found the explanations of the probable causes of the error not to be terribly meaningful. So, now that I have run our error to ground, I thought it might be nice to jot down a quick note of the potential cause of the ‘Client Commands are Currently Not Being Accepted’ error, which I gleaned from the process.
Error Message Id
An error occurred while processing the request on the server. The error information is 1051544 (message on contacting or from application:[<<DateTimeStamp>>]Local////3544/Error(1013204) Client Commands are Currently Not Being Accepted.
Possible Causes of The Error
This Error is a problem with access to the Essbase object or accessing the security within the Essbase Object. This can be a result of multiple issues, such as:
- Object doesn’t exist – The Essbase object didn’t exist in the location specified,
- Communications – the location is unavailable or cannot be reached,
- Path Security – Security gets in the way to access the Essbase object location
- Essbase Security – Security within the Essbase object does not support the user or filter being submitted. Also, the Essbase object security may be corrupted or incomplete.
- Essbase Object Structure – the Essbase object was not properly structured to support the filter or the Essbase filter is malformed for the current structure.
IBM Knowledge Center, InfoSphere Information Server 11.7.0, Connecting to data sources, Enterprise applications, IBM InfoSphere Information Server Pack for Hyperion Essbase
Printable PDF Version of This Article